Subject: D-SoundPRO 2.3: the mac sound editor

From: Stefano Daino <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 1996 04:54:30 -0400

Hi,

I'm the author of a shareware program for Macintosh that's called D-SoundPRO. It
is a sample editor, supporting AIFF files and Midi Dump Standard. I'm writing to
you because, as proud owner of a S50 (first) and a S330 (after), my program
supports also the unique feature to import sound waves directly from 3 1/2
diskettes in S50, S330, S550 format. The MIDI DUMP STANDARD supports also the
new S series. So I think it could be interesting for you to examine my shareware
product and eventually include the program in your archive.

I can send a copy of D-SoundPRO 2.3 by e-mail, or you can download it from
http://www.rain.org/~nigelsp/dsound.htm
compuserve: MIDIforum, MACFUN, Roland
INTERNET: harmony-central, info-mac (here wait for vers. 2.3)

here below I report the abstract of my program:

Thanks in advance

Stefano Daino
[email-masked]

********************************************
D-SoundPRO 2.3
COPYRIGHT C 1996 - Stefano Daino
All rights reserved

D-SoundPRO is a professional sound editor. It is capable of managing AIFF sound
files and MIDI Dump Standard, and it permits very sophisticated sound
manipulations. Its features are:

- Load/Save AIFF mono/stereo 8/16 bits sound files up to 48 kHz
- Import sounds from 3 1/2 RolandR Samplers Disks (S50, S550, S330)
- MIDI DUMP STANDARD Input/Output
- YamahaR SY sample headers support
- Sophisticated and undoable sample edit & clipboard management
- Floating palettes for edit tools, loops monitoring, sample info.
- X-Fade looping algorithm with programmable window length
- Resample using interpolation
- Pitch conversion
- Normalization
- Complex sample extraction functions
- Zooms and visual tools  

System requirements:	System 7.1, SoundManager 3.1 and a MAC supporting 16 bit
audio.
Optional: MIDI interface and synth supporting MIDI Dump Standard, a MAC with
sound inputs.

D-SoundPRO is a program which is distributed as SHAREWARE. This version is fully
operating.  You are permitted to use it on a trial basis for up to 15 days. If
you wish to continue using this product beyond that period, you are expected to
pay a registration fee of $30.

You can distribute D-SoundPRO 2.3 on commercial CD-ROM if you include also this
readme file. You are kindly request to send me a free copy of your CD-ROM. 

This is my E-Mail for informations, help and bugs report:

Stefano Daino
[email-masked]

********************************************************
What is NEW in Version 2.3

(04-07-96)
- the memory management was completely rewritten - no more system crashes of
"unimplemented type"
- new MIDI Handshaking disable option
- using no MIDI handshaking now MIDI dump works with sampler with fast MDS (i.e.
AKAY)
- new truncate functions
- now the selection of the printer port for MIDI from preferences dialog works
correctly
- now it is possible to load AIFF files created by other application by drag and
drop
- now the display of document icons is correct
- minor features added
- minor bugs fixed