Subject: here is the readme.

From: scott dhomas trenn <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 1995 22:21:12 -0500

--- CUT ---- SampleUtility.readme

Short: Disk imager and waveform conversion for ProAudio Samplers
Type: mus/misc
Uploader: [email-masked]
Author: [email-masked]

SampleUtility is a disk imager and waveform conversion utility for
Professional Audio Samplers.

There are three versions of SampleUtility.  This is the UnRegistered
Release.  It is the only version released publicly.

All versions provide the capability to READ and WRITE full disk images,
in both double density (DD) and high density (HD) formats.  A disk image
is a conversion of a full disk in to a single file.  This is a good way
to keep backups and to distribute disks through EMail/FTP/BBS.

Most IBM based formats are supported: This includes the Roland series of
samplers.  Additional format support is currently under development.

UnRegistered Release
--------------------

This is the basic no-frills release.  READ/WRITE of disk images is
supported, but no FORMATing or INFO is available.  This release is hard
coded to use drive 0 and the Topaz font.

Registered Version
------------------

This version includes the FORMAT and INFO gadgets and Workbench ToolTypes
support.

The FORMAT gadget provides a way to create formatted disks from any disk
image file.  This is very time saving if you like to have certain
parameters setup a specific way most of the time.  Several disk images
can be used for different default setups.

The INFO gadget will read label, patch, tone, etc. information from a
disk or disk image.  Currently, the Roland series of samplers are
supported.  Additional support is under development.

Workbench ToolTypes are supported to set the default disk drive, default
directories, file extensions, font, and more...

Enhanced Registered Version
---------------------------

This version includes additional support for translation from many sound
formats.  The following are currently under development: Yamaha TX16W,
Sample Dump Standard (SDX), Roland series samplers, Kurzweil K2000,
Ensoniq series samplers, E-mu EMax, SampleVision (SMP), and many more.

New In This Version: 95.Jan.25
------------------------------

- First Release.

                                dhomas trenn

 **************************************************************************
**                                                                        **
*    scott dhomas trenn                 : Fredericton, NB - CANADA         *
*       scott wilkie            Internet:       [email-masked]              *
**                                                                        **
 **************************************************************************