Subject: S-550 hacker mode

From: davidw@rnd220 (UNIXMAN)
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1993 15:45:42 -0400

I see that you have the S330 hacker mode instructions listed under
the /information subdir on lotus ftp site.  I think it's a good idea to
post them permanently too for future reference.  Here is the S550
hacker mode docs, I guess it should go under /information as
"S550.Hacker.Mode" or whatever you have the other S330 one as.  It
would probably be a good idea to get and post the W-30 and S-50 hacker
mode docs too, I know there are people in the sgroup who know them.

-----------------------------------------

	Roland S-550 Hacker Mode (at last):
	       - Press and hold 1 and turn on S-550 (or Press 2 if you are
		 using a mouse, etc.)  
	       - Insert Utility disk (ver. 1.01 or higher), let it load
	       - Once loaded, Press these buttons in this sequential order:

        FUNC -> MENU -> [down arrow] -> EXECUTE -> MENU -> 0 -> DEC/NO

	       - Video monitor now shows "Hacker Mode"

	       - Press UTILITY, then press MENU to load the new utility
		 menu from disk.

	       - Click on or cursor over to "THE TEST" and hit enter.

	Now you are in hacker mode !!!

------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------
David J. Wilson                       Knight-Ridder, Inc.
                                      75 Wall St.  NYC, NY  10005
UNIX/Network Data Communications      phone: 212-504-7845  
				      internet: uunet!krfiny!davidw  
      HP-UX !!                                  [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------