Subject: sgroup S-760 LCD display
From: "Francois Rossi" <[email-masked]>
To: "Sgroup" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 11:56:03 -0500

New entry in the website:

---------------
The unit fitted inside the S-760 is an Optrex unit, passive graphic, model
DMF-50374 NYU-LY with EL backlight, Roland part number 00123945. The LCD
unit is 160x64, also known as size 2.5", a size that is not very common (in
this range, 128*64 is common).

Each display has a 6-digit code telling when and where it was manufactured.
Digits 1 and 2 are the year, 3 is the month (1 to 9, X, Y, Z), 4 is the week
(1 to 5), 5 is the factory code (letter) and 6 is the factory number
(numeral).

The bad news is this model is no longer manufactured nor available as it was
custom-made for Roland. The good news is there is a possible replacement
from the same manufacturer. The model you need is DMF-51026 NYU-LY. Note
that the replacement will be the backlight only. You'll have to reuse the
mechanical parts of the sampler display.

The replacement unit costs $33.79 + relevant tax and shipping (Jan. 03). To
know where to buy it, go to the Optrex American website here
(www.optrex.com), and click on 'products/graphic LCD' from the menu bar.
Once you've find the entry for model DMF-51026, click on 'Stock'. This will
show who has got a supply of that particular model. As I write, the only
company listed world-wide that can supply one piece is Apollo Display
Technologies LLC., whose website you can find here (www.apollodisplays.com).

I had a word with both UK and French distributors, and they need a minimum
order of 100 units to sell you this particular model since it is not common.
So end-users worlwide unite, and ring the American retailer.

I am still looking into the possibility of getting a display from another
manufacturer that would work when replacing the backlight unit.
---------------

I'm waiting for some answers as to where you can send the Roland to have the
backlight replaced.

Francois Rossi
http://s760.us.tt

-
Sent by the sgroup mailing list on lists.uunet.ca
For subscription information, send mail to [email-masked]
and see http://www.generalconcepts.com/sgroup/ for more information.